Fuelling demand in the cord blood market – Biovault
As usual, we won a competitive pitch on the basis that we’d fuel demand for Biovault Family. Our challenge was to create a conversation about a market that not many know about. Tricky but not impossible. So we started by talking to over 300 expectant parents (nice job Nikos!) to understand their awareness and perception of umbilical cord blood banking.
Once we got the insight from the research (which we’re not going to share as it is a very competitive market), we developed an engaging cross channel strategy. Usually we work with clients on changing the conversation around a brand – this was more about starting one in the market.
- Celebrity PR endorsement for the ‘best choice’
- Positioned as experts in the cord blood and stem cell conversation
- Highlighted the capability of cord blood stem cells to potentially protect a family’s future
- Creation of new visual language for the brand including a new mobile friendly website
- Targeted SEO and PPC investment – picking the battles we could win against the bigger competitors
- Increased enquiries by 48.1%
- Increased sales by 131.6%
- Generated over £50k in media coverage
- Social following up by 121.4%
Commenting on Biovault Family’s work with Fuel, Technical Director Joanna Tilley said: “It has been a real pleasure to work with the guys at Fuel over a very successful year for us. Together, we’ve become a strong team working closely week in, week out on the delivery of a great plan. We really value their strategic approach and extensive expertise right across all marketing disciplines and we look forward to continuing our relationship.”
“We’ve been on a real journey with the team at Biovault Family,” said Fuel MD Martyn King, “Their capability is absolutely incredible so it is great to see them getting their rewards. We look forward to developing our knowledge further, building on a successful strategy and grabbing more market share this year.”