Are you ready for the year of the mobile?
Here’s a free insight for you – put mobile commerce high up on the agenda for your next marketing strategy meeting. Believe me, you’d be very wise not to dismiss the explosion in sales figures and the latest data because the numbers are phenomenal…
- Business Insider estimates smartphone sales in Europe & US grew 44% in 2012
- Gartner predicts 1.2 billion smart devices will be sold in 2013, up 50% from 2012
- Retail revenues from mobile commerce in Europe & US jumped 71% last year to over £16.5 billion, according to Bank of America
If you are thinking “hmmm interesting figures but we don’t sell stuff online” please just hang in there for just a couple more user related research figures:
- Morgan Stanley research claims that 91% of smartphone users have their devices within arms reach 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
- A Google study says 9 out of 10 smartphone searches result in an action (purchasing or a visiting a business etc)
Still thinking “so what?” Well, further research from Google says that, 72% of consumers expect brands to have a mobile-friendly website.
So, what’s your plan for how people view your organisation via the web this year? At the very least we recommend you check your site’s analytics to see how much your mobile traffic has increased over the past year.
Mobile traffic increase to our clients sites has gone up anywhere between 17% and 149% in the past year. None of them experienced a decrease. For some, it is something to be mindful of. For others, they have to make changes to continue engaging the audiences they’ve fought long and hard for.
For us here at Fuel we are already working on our new site to ensure we stay ahead of the game based on specific feedback from our analytics. We are also busy helping many of our clients to do the same.
Interested in a potential solution to the problem? Feel free to contact us for a free review of your site.