Web Developer Internship
Would you like to join our intern intake?
We are on the lookout for a knowledgeable Web Developer intern. Now in its 4th year, our intern programme has proven to be a great success. Our interns go on to great things: some fly through their final year and get paid opportunities with us during their holidays; others go into much sought after positions at leading organisations with glowing references from us.
From us, you’ll get:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an agency environment, as well as building up your commercial portfolio
- The chance to work on websites for new start up’s, SME’s as well as international businesses
- A great opportunity to learn first-hand how we Fuel Demand for some of the region’s most ambitious businesses together with national and international brands
- Exposure to top class strategic thinking
- Flexible hours and all expenses covered
- A dynamic and supportive working environment
- Listened to. You’ll have ideas and we’ll nurture them
- The chance to work on client accounts and assist in fuelling demand for the Fuel brand
- Lots of perks including regular team events (including a very lively Christmas Party) and great networking opportunities
- Skills and experience to make you stand out when you look for a job – that’s if we don’t offer you one first!
As the Intern Web Developer you will assist the design and marketing team with all aspects of web development, creation and maintenance, across new and existing clients.
From you, we are after someone that is:
- Either studying or a graduate, or has an equivalent qualification in this field or have some commercial experience (Please provide us with a portfolio or examples of your work if possible)
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent communicator and listener, with the ability to interpret and understand the requirements of the marketing and design team
- Quick learner with the ability to use their own initiative and manage their own time accordingly
- Able to work independently without a mentor and is confident in their skillset
- Comfortable in working on multiple projects for different brands and clients from varying industries
- Passionate about the latest best practice design & build approaches i.e. mobile first, modular, grid systems etc
- Able to interpret a creative brief and provide responses that add genuine value
- Driven with a desire to grow your skills
- Creative with ability to work to high standards
- A team player willing to get stuck in
- A knowledge of online/digital marketing is not essential but desired.
With experience or a basic working knowledge of:
- WordPress (The ability to use advanced custom functions would be a bonus)
- Website hosting
- Web standards and accessibility
- Cross-browser/device development & testing
- Responsive CSS frameworks to create sites for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Knowledge of web design tools including: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Adwords, Google AdSense, W3C validator
- HTML5 and CSS3
- PHP web development
- MySQL database management
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Coda, phpMyAdmin, Parallels Desktop and MAMP
Opportunities exist for 40 week placements with you in control of when you start and finish.
You’ll currently be studying in this field at degree level or as a module on your course, or have previous experience of some sort.
This is an unpaid placement but you will have your expenses covered.
Please send your CV to Ross Collins at ross @ fuel-communications. co. uk with your thoughts on why you’d like to join us and grow.
Spread the word and share this article!
CLICK HERE to find out more about our intern experience.